As an approved doctor recommended by The Danish Maritime Authority I am certified to issue the Seafarer Medical Fitness Certificate to work at sea. (or Blue Book as it is known in Denmark???)
Please bring the following to your examination:
- photo ID, eg passport
- your previous medical certificate if you have one
- your local doctor’s name, address and contact details
- any medication you are taking
- your glasses or contact lenses but not colour correction lenses
The Danish Maritime Authority pays for the medical assessment and certification if you are enrolled as a student at one of the following schools (on presentation of a letter of admission or valid student card):
- SIMAC (bortset fra juniorofficer-, seniorofficer- eller skibsføreruddannelsen).
- MARTEC (herunder skoleskibet Danmark).
- Maskinmesterskolerne i København, Århus og Fredericia.
- Marstal Navigationsskole.
- Skagen Skipper Skole
- Svendborg Søfartsskole.
- Skoleskibet Georg Stage.
- Nyborg Søfartsskole.
- Danmarks Fiskeriskole.
- Nordvestjysk Uddannelsescenter.
Examination Prices valid from 1st of April 2012 are 840 DKK (672 DKK + VAT)